Tuesday 30 June 2015

The making of DRESS ONE

This is my first dress, after a lot of research I decided that jersey would be best for this style of dress. I laid my pattern that i had created out on the fabric and chalked round it, i then created a random line all the way around and cut this shape out.
I then over locked the shoulder seams and side seams so that I could put it on a mannequin and start to drape my fabric, remembering all the techniques I had learnt from my samples.
I added beads and safety pins to give it a thrown together feel about it and think it turned out well, however if I was to create it again I would be careful with the amount of fabric I cut out to use as this to me looks a bit bulky in places. I think it looks best from the side as it flows better, but from this I can take forward the ideas I now have to make my other dresses better.

No comments:

Post a Comment