Tuesday 30 June 2015

Samples of shape work

Here is some more sample work, this let me experiment with the different shapes and formations I could create with the fabric. I used calico and cut triangles, squares and circles and then cut into those and sewed them up in different ways to create different shapes to what they started. I loved this experiment and feel it really helped me gain more knowledge of what i could make out of such simple shapes. It also gave me lots of ideas of how i could drape my dresses around the human body to create an attractive stand out part of the garment, whether that be the top or bottom. I would like to carry this on and try and create a whole garment in this way as i think it is really eye catching to look at. My favourite example I made was the corset looking top, as I loved the texture it added and think that its amazing to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment